It's only week two but we are already seeing some changing landscapes in the Triangle Lax scene! The first half of the week had some marquee match-ups and some great games. But what do any of those mean, especially this early in the season?
One thing has remained constant and that is how tough the SWAC conference is. Middle Creek has shown some really great, and diverse goal scoring. Apex has gritted out two very tough wins, and Green Hope is quietly handling business despite graduating a huge class. Athens Drive and Holly Springs have had rough starts with tough opening games.
The Cap 8/Greater Neuse combo is showing a lot of growth through it's ranks. The highlight of this conference so far has definitely been the 2OT thriller in which the Wildcats of Millbrook took down the Huskies of Heritage on Tuesday night. That rematch is definitely going to be worth watching. There looks like there will be plenty of parody in the conference this year as 3 teams are already sitting at 2-1.
The return of Southeast Raleigh was officially had as the Bulldogs were finally able to get on the field against Clayton. A tough outing for the oldest new program, but plenty to build off from
The Durham/Chapel Hill conferences have been getting at each other too. Jordan and Chapel Hill went down to the wire on Tuesday night with the Tigers holding off some late efforts by the Falcons. East Chapel Hill finally got to kick it's season off Wednesday night winning a high-scoring affair against Eastern Alamance 14-12.
There is a lot more lacrosse to be had this week with the Brine King of Spring event starting Thursday. Sunday's wrap up and rankings could definitely have some shake up as a result. We will finally get to see Ravenscroft in action and a match-up of top teams in the south when Gibbons squares off against Georgia power Lambert.
Here are the scores so far from this week:
Monday March 6, 2017
- Cardinal Gibbons - 18 vs Durham Academy - 9
Tuesday March 7, 2017
- Garner - 3 vs Broughton - 18
- Enloe - 6 vs Wakefield - 9
- Apex - 7 vs Holly Springs - 6
- Panther Creek - 12 vs Apex Friendship - 13
- Middle Creek - 14 vs Athens Drive - 6
- Cardinal Gibbons - 16 vs Riverside - 0
- Southlake Christian - vs Cary Christian -
- Cedar Ridge - 9 vs Northern Guilford - 6
- Chapel Hill - 8 vs Jordan - 7
- Heritage - 7 vs Millbrook - 8
- Orange - 13 vs Eastern Alamance - 9
- Wake Forest - 0 vs Leesville - 19
- North Raleigh Christian - 9 vs Greensboro Day - 20
- Rolesville - 9 vs Sanderson - 12
- Clayton - 20 vs SE Raleigh - 1
- Southern Alamance - 16 vs Southern Durham - 1
- Northwood - 17 vs Jack Britt - 5
- Fuquay Varina - 3 vs Green Hope - 17
Wednesday March 8, 2017
- Garner - 6 vs Panther Creek - 8
- Millbrook - 8 vs Middle Creek - 16
- Jack Britt - 11 vs Northern Durham - 4
- Western Alamance - 6 vs Orange - 7
- Eastern Alamance - 12 vs East Chapel Hill - 14
Back to Previous Page